Monday, July 18, 2011

Three from Tumblr

I'll admit it: I'm one of those people who don't "get" Tumblr. Some of the Tumblr blogs I've seen are indistinguishable from blogs hosted on other platforms. Some are just endless streams of disjointed photos, reposted by and from hundreds of other Tumblr users. And some are something in-between, a photo-heavy version of a blog.

I came across this while reviewing the NEPA Blogs SiteMeter "Recent Visits by Referrals:"

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/nepa

OK, that could be interesting. I followed through and found...a picture from Nepal, three from koreanphotoshoots, and a bunch of other things that, as far as I could tell, had nothing to do with Northeastern Pennsylvania. But then I spotted a few that clearly did.

http://curtainsarent.tumblr.com/
Described (in text I can't copy and paste) as "Daily musings of a husband, father of two, full time civil servant, thinker, opinionator, and starter."

A photo blog, with plenty of evidence to indicate the blogger has a connection to NEPA.
 
A photo blog of Scranton. The photos on the front page (at least) were made using the Instagram app for the iPhone, making them appear to be snapshot photos from the 1970's.
 
That's just three. Rooting around on Tumblr for photos tagged with "nepa" will probably reveal more. Some other day.

No comments: