Sunday, February 05, 2012

2 from Nikki Mascali

You may recognize the name in the title of this blog post from reading Northeast PA's #1 premier Independent Entertainment Weekly Newspaper/Magazine, The Weekender. Nikki has been an editor at The Weekender for the last year...but here's another surprising fact about her....She's also a NEPA Blogger!

We recently added Nikki to our NEPA Blogs Facebook group and I have become friends with her on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. After friending her, I found out that she has two blogs and has been blogging since 2010. It's a shame we are just linking to her now, in 2012. Better late than never, I suppose.

Blog #1
"Ink for Blood"
http://nikkimmascali.wordpress.com

From the "Things You Should Know About Me" page (a.k.a. The About Page)

- I am a left-handed professional writer.
- As a foodie/food writer, I love eating and taking pictures of what I’m eating. (A foodie’s work is never done!)
- I consult my AP Stylebook for personal use.
- I write haiku/tanka poetry.
- The scent of a book and newsprint top my Favorite Smells Ever.
- I sometimes don’t turn my TV on for weeks at a time, yet I have all the cable channels a girl could want.
- I work movie quotes into daily conversation like it’s my job – or an art. (Personally, I think it’s a little bit of both.)
- I am an Anglophile who wishes for a British accent.
- I simply could not live without: Blue Papermate pens, mint ChapStick, Sirius or Palmer’s Cocoa Butter.
- I like to think of myself as witty. You be the judge.

Blog #2
"Run, Nikki, Run"
http://runnikkirun.wordpress.com

From the "About Page":

I’m a 34-year-old Northeastern Pennsylvania native who wants to get back into running and, in turn, get myself on a healthier path.

It’s been a long, hard road full of obstacles of my own devices – periods of laziness, emotional eating (both stress and happiness are triggers, naturally), etc. – and I know it’ll continue being so, but my laces are tied, and I’m ready to run. Or at the very least, walk fast. Really, really fast.

I’d love it if you’d care to join me and offer any tips or encouragement!

Nikki


You can also follow along Nikki's adventures by following her on Twitter @NikkiMMascali or by reading her latest columns in The Weekender (either online or the print version, which comes out every Thursday and is free!)

Both of Nikki's blogs have been added to our sidebar. If you have a blog from NEPA and would like to be added to our blogroll, send us an email with your Name, URL and blog details to nepablogs@gmail.com and we'll be sure to give you a mention!

~Michelle

No comments: