Wednesday, March 12, 2014

About the header image: March 12, 2014


While meeting with the Northeastern Pennsylvania Writers' Collective at the Vintage in Scranton this past Saturday, I noticed a mask mounted on a post outside the window I was facing. I excused myself, ran out to grab my camera from my car, and came back to snap some pictures. It's not every day that the universe hands you a photo op like that. From the colors I assumed this was a leftover Mardi Gras decoration, but the other members of the group (who had noticed it before me) informed me that Conor, proprietor of the Vintage, had told them that it has been hanging outside for many months. Yet somehow I had managed to not notice until now!

It is, how you say, "Creepy," no?
Like anywhere else, NEPA is full of little details easy to overlook but waiting to surprise you. Keep your eyes open, and who knows what you might see!

Have you spotted some detail of NEPA, creepy or otherwise, that you'd like to share? Send it to us at nepablogs@gmail.com and we'll use it as the header image some week!

No comments: