Thursday, August 02, 2007

A new blog for a new school

From the comments on the previous post:

I am the Dean of the new medical school that will serve all of NEPA. I would invite you to link to my blog and follow our progress as we build this new community based endeavor. We are interested in hearing from the community about their ideas, needs and how we can serve the region.

http://newmedicalschool.blogspot.com/

And from the first post, dated July 2, 2007:

In the coming months I will share with you what it is like to build a new medical school from the ground up in a region that hopes the school will help with economic development, relieve the doctor shortage, help improve quality of care and a host of other goals. The expectations for our little school are enormous. I just started two weeks ago so this is all very new. Today it is all only on paper and everything is possible. Which is a good way of saying every single thing still needs to be done.

Feel free to share your ideas about health care and medical education. We want to create something unique here. While we have to be mainstream enough to achieve accreditation from the multiple bodies that get a vote on our future we also want to create a new national model for the education of physicians. I have never blogged before and am both hesitant and challenged by the medium but I do want to hear what people want from their doctors. I also want to hear from physicians, medical students and residents about what they wished they had known, what schools should teach and how we might improve the educational experience. I know we do a good job with the science education I want to hear what else we should be worrying about. I know I can learn something from our conversation that will make our school better.

1 comment:

christopherofnepa said...

Dear Dr. Robert M. D’Alessandri,

I do not seen an email address anywhere so I will email you here. With the assumption that you are considering the best and brightest in faculty, I would like to recommend an exceptional physician from this community, (who as it happens in now practicing in the Morgantown, WV area.)

He is a superb pulmonologist M.D. with a gift for education. I believe he would welcome an opportunity to return to N.E. PA. If you can kindly email me at chriscom@microserve.net I would be glad to offer my friend's name.

Thank you kindly, Chris Miller