Wednesday, September 11, 2013

About the header image: September 11, 2013


The quiet patriotism of a flag flying over the Scranton Times building in downtown Scranton; in the foreground, The Vintage in the old Manhattan Project Room on the ground floor of the Hotel Jermyn provides an art space for writers, painters, photographers, musicians, actors, and artists of every sort.  That wasn't what I set out to capture when I took this photo after a meeting of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Writers' Collective a few months ago. I just thought it was a pretty image, and I happened to have my camera with me.

Autumn is coming, and with it opportunities to capture the beauty of Northeastern Pennsylvania as the trees deck themselves out in lavish colors for a few weeks. If you have a seasonal photo or any image you'd like to see used as the NEPA Blogs header for a week, send it to us at nepablogs@gmail.com.

No comments: