Saturday, January 28, 2006

Life In The Office

When I first heard that the U.S. version of the popular British TV series The Office was going to be set in Scranton, I was filled with trepidation. The original series was set in Slough, England, which is portrayed (or so I am told, I have never seen the original) as the most miserable, depressing place to live and work in all of England. Scranton has long had a similar reputation - mostly unjustified. Would the new series portray Scranton and all of NEPA as a miserable, depressing place?

Apparently not. While I have also never seen an episode of the U.S. version of The Office (who has time for TV, with all this blogging?), most of the people who work in my office who are regular viewers find the show a lot of fun, generously sprinklied with local references.

Life In The Office is a blog about the U.S. version of The Office. Check it out!

No comments: