Wednesday, January 09, 2013

About the header image: January 9, 2013


It's been so long since Northeastern Pennsylvania has dealt with a snow-covered landscape for more than a few days at a time that I'd actually forgotten how the snow and ice highlights and transforms once-familiar landscapes. Frank Dutton has taken many, many photos of Nay Aug Falls in Scranton, but when I saw this photo this past weekend I felt like I was seeing the Falls for the first time. I am grateful that Frank was willing to share this image with us, and I regret that I had to crop it a bit to fit our header guidelines. You can see the full-sized original here, and you can see all of Frank Dutton's remarkable photography over at his blog, Frank's Place (http://frank-dutton.blogspot.com/).

Has the snow opened your eyes to new ways of seeing familiar landscapes? Take a photo and send it in to us at nepablogs@gmail.com, and we'll post it as a header!

No comments: