Thursday, January 05, 2012

Uno, Dos, Tres, Quatro

Happy 2012 NEPA! It's been a while since I've last posted here, but I come (as usual) bearing gifts ... in the form of 4...count 'em 4 Wordpress Blogs. 3 of the blogs were found on Twitter, the other blog was a mailbag submission from last evening.


New NEPA Blog Roll Addition #1

"Moving to NEPA"
http://movingtonepa.wordpress.com/

From the About Page: I am a writer, communicator and photographer and I am originally from Southampton in the UK, home of the mighty Saints. I’ve lived much of my life in Chepstow, South Wales with my friends but I have lived in Glasgow, Cork and Windsor. Now me and my wife Lola are Pennsylvania bound and this blog is a record of that adventure.


New NEPA Blog Roll Addition #2

"Tales With a Touch of Class"
http://taleswithatouchofclass.wordpress.com/

From the About Page: Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kristen and I just graduated from the one and only Pennsylvania State University! WE ARE! A former cross-country runner, there is rarely a day you will not find me putting in the miles. I’m a shopping fanatic girly girl mixed with a love of sports and working out. Public Relations and Business major who loves to blog, tweet, and use all aspects of social media. On the cusp of entering the world of young professionals, I find myself excited to see what life has in store for me. With a passion to write I love to share stories as well as hear the personal ones of others!

I’m 23 years old and still own every stuffed animal that was ever purchased for me. In a way you could define me as immature, but I just like to say I’m having fun. Welcome to my blog where you’ll hear a running obsessed Penn Stater share her tales with a touch of class…


New NEPA Blog Roll Addition #3

"A Farewell To Carbs"

http://afarewelltocarbs.wordpress.com/

From the About Page:
It’s 2012 and a time for new beginnings. A little more than two years ago, I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I was 30 years old, and the news was devastating. It wasn’t unexpected. I was more than 100 pounds overweight, got winded climbing more than two flights of stairs and regularly unhinged my jaw to inhale entire candy stores (not really, but it felt like it). Surprisingly, the diagnosis has done little to change my eating habits. Oh, for a few months I counted carbs and went to the gym. And then I got angry because I couldn’t eat what I wanted to eat and I stopped. Yeah … that will show the diabetes!
Ignoring the problem (and dodging my doctor) didn’t make the diabetes go away. And I’m tired of feeling out of control.
So here’s to 2012, and chances to make a fresh start. Instead of some big, fat resolution that will be impossible to keep, I’m going to set two goals per month — all of them focused on developing those healthy habits that I’ll need to make major changes in my life.
**Editor's Note: This is a blog of a person that I follow on Twitter...I do know her identity, but since she seems to be keeping things anonymous, I will not reveal the identity on Twitter in order to respect her privacy.


New NEPA Blog Roll Addition #4

"Blog Like Its Hot"
http://bloglikeitshot.com/

UPDATE, November 12, 2015: Original blog address has been squatted. Blog posts from Kari Bestrychi's blog can be found here:
https://bloglikeitshot.wordpress.com/

This was a mailbag submission.
Hello, My name is Kari Bestrycki and I was born and raised in Scranton, PA! I created and currently maintain a blog (http://bloglikeitshot.com/) and would love to be listed on your site.

I created this blog for a class and found I really enjoyed the art of blogging. Fun fact about my blog, I wrote a post about Jenna Jameson's book and tweeted her the link not expecting to hear anything back. A few hours later, she retweeted me and replied to my tweet!

---

I hope you enjoy my new offerings to you, blogosphere. All of these new bloggers have been added to the side bar. I'll be back shortly with promises of more posts! Have a great remainder of your week!

~Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping my true identity a secret.

-Diabetic Diva