Monday, May 16, 2011

Framing Faith

In the beginning, blogs were online journals maintained by individuals about their personal lives, sports, politics, or whatever they chose to write about.  Soon small businesses saw the potential for blogs as inexpensive ways to connect with prospective customers.  Eventually big businesses got into the act, too.  Now blogs penetrate every level of online activity, to the point that there's some debate as to how exactly to define a "blog" and differentiate it from a "website."

When a friend sent me this link a few months ago I thought it was interesting: a website promoting a book on a topic near and dear to me.  I wrote about the site on my blog, and connected with it on Facebook.  Despite the ".blogspot.com" address, I never really thought of it as a blog.  But as I've watched their updates come in on Facebook, I've realized that that is exactly what this is.
Framing Faith
http://framingfaith.blogspot.com/

Framing Faith tells the story of the faith of immigrants and their descendants, spotlighting ten Catholic churches in the Diocese of Scranton that were closed due to restructuring.

If you have published a book, promoting it through a blog is one approach to consider. If you're a local author or your book is on a topic relevant to Northeastern Pennsylvania, get in touch with us to have your blog listed on NEPA Blogs.

No comments: