Thursday, May 31, 2012

bareing skine

The good folks at the Scranton Zine Festival have included a list of the people who will be presenting their zines (and other creative works) at the New Visions Studio & Gallery in Scranton on June 9, 2012. The list is impressive; people from near and far will be there. Some of the "zinesters" are from Northeastern Pennsylvania, and a few of them have blogs connected to their zines. Here's one of them:

bareing skine
http://bareskine.tumblr.com/

by Rachel Dispenza, Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
creator of the zines progression: part one and progression: part two

My name is Rachel Dispenza. I made the first page of what will soon be my first zine on November 1, 2011, and after that is done, I’m going to keep making more. On this blog you may find some pages, typed up excerpts from my own journal, and anything else that just seems to fit. I write frequently and think feverishly and hope my words affect you in some small way. They’re all I have to call my own.

Check out Rachel's blog to get a taste of what her zine is like. You can order copies of it online, or just come to the Scranton Zine Festival to meet her in person and purchase a copy directly!

No comments: