Sunday, July 08, 2012

Amye Archer's new blog

Amye Archer tweeted yesterday about a new blog that she started.  You may know her from her other self-titled blog on Wordpress or from her award winning performance at the first Scranton Story Slam (video below)...



I've started a new blog... please check it out. It's a baby!

From the About:


What this is:  As I was working on my book, Fat Girl, Skinny, which chronicles the time period in which I lost a hundred pounds using the Weight Watchers plan, I realized that even though the numbers got smaller, the pain inside of me remained.  I think once you are “the fat girl,” even if it’s only for a short amount of time, even if it’s only in your head, it stays with you forever.  It colors how you see the world, how you imagine the world sees you.

I’ve arrived at two simple truths:

1.  Being “the fat girl” is as much about what’s on the inside as the outside.
2.  I could send someone to college with the money I’ve spent on Weight Watchers (re)joining fees.

With The Fat Girl Blog, I wanted to create a space to talk about body image and what it means to be The Fat Girl.

What this is not:  A place where we celebrate unhealthy behavior.  Even though I may lose the battle from time to time, I never retreat.

What this most certainly is not: A diet blog.  Don’t expect me to be whining about how I’m on the wagon this week and off the next.  That gets boring real quick, especially in my world.


Amy is an amazing storyteller, and I am very excited to read this new blog.

~Michelle

No comments: